Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I just want to write...abt everything

So i went to school today and day before yesterday as well just to fill up my time. I wouldn't have anything else to do at home anyway. Besides i miss my student a lot having not seen them for a whole week. Weird. When i'm with them i wished they would just disappear. My thrid contract actually starts on the 1st of September. The government was too stingy to pay me three extra days. But doesn't matter...whatever la. At least i didn't miss the chance of getting a free medical checkup today hehe. Found out i was low blood pressure, my blood was acidic and i had too much protein in my body. There goes...a MORE healthy diet from now on...

Yesterday i went for my interview with JPA for posts that i applied for with my STPM results. What the heck la...my coursemate was applying with her Diploma results bah so i also la. Fancy them calling moi for an interview HALF A YEAR after i applied. It was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. I thought they had forgotten all about me.

So my beau and i reached there at abt 7.45 and i went in after he said that i could...again what would i do without him (it's cases like these that i realize in spite of all the bad i chose to concentrate on he still has some good). I got myself registered with a nice Chinese man named Mr. Toh (ya, what was a Chinese guy doing at the front desk...i wondered).

He told me that i was overqualified. I didn't care. I came for this interview because i didn't want these ppl to blacklist me because they called me for it and i didn't show up. Ya....so i was number 11 on the interviewee's list so i sat down and chatted with the others there. It seems for some it was their 6th shot at it. I was quite surprised. I was the only chinese and there was this other Indian guy (he was the only guy there). He was really nervous (number 10 so he sat right beside me). I managed to talk to him and got him to calm down. Seems he's been jobless for a while and i started to hope that he got the job. I sat from 8.00 til 10.45 when it got to my turn.

I went in and flashed a BIG smile. There was this malay lady and a malay man. Only 2 of them. So the ususla questions got out. "Tell us abt yourself". When i mentioned i had a degree they were like "Whoah". Then they continued in BM "Did u come knowing that this was for SPM grads?" i said yes. "and yet u chose to come for it? for experience i suppose?" i said yes again (and for not getting blacklisted).

So they continued in BM..."Ok...let me explain this to u..U are a degree holder....with a 3 pointer...a 3.53 pointer...and a 3 time Dean's List holder...These results are "too excellent". U are overqualified for this job (ya i know). Now here's the deal. Either we end this interview right now or we can give you the job and you would be blacklisted when u reject it (this lady was reading my mind). So do you want to continue or not. I pretended to give it some thought and then i said no. She continued "Ya la...bagus Su Yin fikir macam tu. Kalau bagi saya pun saya fikir rugilah" (yay!~ can i go now?)

So i called Danny and he came to pick me up from KOMTAR at around 11 and i was home half an hour after that. They were nice ppl the interviewers. Told me which posts were suitable for me and encouraged me to apply for them and so i did. Besides that, Mr. Toh told me to ask my Chinese friends to apply for gov posts. He said it was wrong to think that these posts were only meant for the bumis. If Chinese dun apply then how do they call us for interviews? He has a point. He said it would be bad for the country too as it would come across that the country was run by Bumis only.

Ya i hope my other application comes through...Need to get a permanent job, that's what i need :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home